Welcome to our children's favorite recipes section on web site: www.IllustratedBible.com. See also our health programs on our other web site: www.larom.org under Basic Bible lesson 20 on Health. Pumpkin pie is the top favorite asked for on all birthdays.
|This is the best pumpkin pie! It will fool the most finicky eaters! It is so delightful it is chosen as top choice for birthdays in our home. We just set the candle in the pie.|
|After boiling in a little kettle for 1 minute, place
these items into the
Blender and blend till smooth and creamy:
1 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup.
2 tsp. pure vanilla powder (No alcohol)
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander (Another name for this is Cilanthro)
1/2 tsp cardamom (Cardamom is a spice that grows in India, Guatemala, and Ceylon. It is related to the ginger family according to the label on the spice jar. A tiny bit goes a long ways. It's flavor is really delightful.)
2 teaspoons Emes Kosher Jel
1/2 cup date pieces or chopped dates.
1 Cup water
Boil a half minute and then Blend the above till smooth. Then blend tofu one cup at a time until smooth :
1 1/2 Cups mashed, silken Firm Lite Mori-Nu (drain off any water)
Pour into a mixing bowl and using beaters blend in:
1 medium can solid pack pumpkin; or 2 cups thawed frozen sweet squash.
Use graham cracker crust, or sprinkle grape nut cereal on the bottom of pie pan, or make a crumble crust, or whole wheat grain pie crust.
Whole Grain Pie Crust
Recipe makes two 9 inch pie crusts. Make half this recipe for single crust pie.
1 1/4 C quick oats blended into flour in your blender
1 C whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C canola oil (or mild olive oil)
1/4 c water
1. In a medium bowl place oats, flour and salt.
2. With your hands, rub in oil.
3. Pour water into bowl. Mix well. Will look too wet at first, but this is the perfect amount of water.
4. Knead lightly on counter with hands, not adding any flour.
5. Wipe counter with a damp cloth, and stick a piece of plastic wrap about 15 inches long to your countertop.
6. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of whole-wheat pastry flour on plastic wrap. Divide dough in half (two crusts) I usually make only the one crust for pumpkin. If making two pies, this recipe is fine as is.
7. Flatten into a circle, cover with another piece of plastic wrap or wax paper and roll out with your rolling pin until about 3/4 inch bigger than your pie plate. Remove top piece of plastic wrap and center the crust on the pie plate. Remove remaining piece of plastic.
8. Prick crust with fork on bottom and edges. Trim off any excess dough and fill crust with your favorite filling, or bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Pour pumpkin mixture into one unbaked 9 inch Whole Grain Pie Crust. Lightly sprinkle top of pie with cardamom and coriander and back at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Tofu Whipped Cream
In a blender blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours to give the whipped cream rich flavor. Keeps well in refrigerator for 5-6 days. May also add 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit to make a fruited cream. Layer with a quick and easy granola to make a great parfait!
1 Cup firm silken Lite Mori-Nu tofu
1Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp of Canola oil. (If you use olive oil get a very mild flavor or it ruins your whipped cream taste)
2 tsp water
2Tablespoons honey or soft dates
2Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder
Would you like to go see the Fruit Pizza? Click here.